You
Aunque suene raro no podría explicar porqué me gusta tanto leer a Auden, sólo sé que gozo leerlo y leerlo y leerlo, tampoco sé porqué me da por leerlo en otoño, y a pesar de que este otoño parece más invierno, no lo muevo de mi cabecera...
Really, must you,Over-familiarDense companion,Be there always?The bond between usIs chimerical surely:Yet I cannot break it.***Must I, born forSacred play,Turn base mechanicSo you many worshipYour secular bread,With mo thoughtOf the value of time?***Thus far I have known yourCharacter onlyFrom its pleasanter side,But you know I knowA day will comeWhen you grow savageAnd hurt me badly.***Totally stupid?Would that you were:But, no, you plague meWith tastes I was fool enoughOnce to believe in.Bah!, blockhead:I know where you learned them.***Can I trust you evenOn creaturely fact?I suspect stronglyYou hold some dogmaOf positive truth,And feed me fictions:I shall never prove it.***Oh, I know how you came byA sinner’s cranium,How between two glaciersThe master-chronometerOf an innocent primateAltered its tempi:That explains nothing.***Who tinkered and why?Why an I certain,Whatever your faults are,The fault is mine,Why is loneliness notA chemical discomfort,Nor Being a smell?September 1960

Comentarios
Un abrazo.
abrazo